PRIVACY & SECURITY
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Who we are
Taps and Sinks Online Limited is a company registered in Ireland (Company Number 502965) whose registered office is at Mullinabro Business Centre, Mullinabro, Ferrybank, Waterford, Ireland. Registered VAT number is IE 9828452H.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
Email us at email@example.com
Telephone us on 00353 51 899009
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Taps and Sinks Online Limited we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details;
- your ip address;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
We do not use your Data for any other purpose other than to ship to the address provided and for warranty purposes as all products sold on our Website range from a minimum warranty of 1 year to lifetime guarantee.
Your payments by Credit Card are processed by IPG.
Your payments by PayPal are processed by PayPal.
We do not save Credit Card Details for future orders. Each time an Order is placed payment details have to be entered for this reason.
For refunds, we can only refund via the same way payment made and only up to the value of the Original Order for this reason.
Personal Data and Third Party
We do not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party.
E-mail newsletter preferences and text alerts
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters. To unsubscribe from an email newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter you have received from us.
We do not send text alerts.
Personalised banner advertising
We do not use personalised banner advertisements.
Targeted updates and marketing
We do not use Targeted marketing.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but We do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Taps and Sinks Online Limited.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu “Files” > “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘edit your password and account details’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Taps and Sinks Online asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (aside from the reasonable costs of reproducing the data we will not charge you for providing this information to you and to receive a response within 21 days);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- the right to have any personal data we hold about you erased or blocked within 40 days of the receipt of such a request from you; and
- the right to request us to cease processing your personal data where such processing is likely to cause substantial distress or damage.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above.
Third party sites
Updates to this policy