It should be an easy matter to change the Valve & Vernier Insert if you follow these simple instructions and refer to the diagrams below.
1) Turn off water supplies to tap. Place plug in waste to prevent loss of small pieces.
2) Remove Boss A by unscrewing in an anticlockwise direction from Valve C.
3) Unscrew Boss A and once free pull off.
FOR VERNIER INSERT CHANGING PROCEDURE
4) The Vernier Insert B may be left inside Boss A or remain on Valve C. Remove and replace if damaged.
5) Please go to stage 8 if replacing the Vernier Insert B only.
FOR VALVE CHANGING PROCEDURE
Note: When changing valve note that two valves can be used. One valve has a groove around which represents the HOT valve whilst the COLD valve is plain (See diagram). Before removing the valve from the mixer, check that the valve supplied is a suitable replacement.
6) Unscrew Valve C using a 17mm or adjustable spanner.
7) Fit new Valve C to body and tighten firmly. Recommended torque setting 15Nm.
8) Slide Vernier Insert B onto Valve C.
9) Slide Boss A onto Vernier Insert B, just enough to see if it is correctly orientated.
10) To get exact alignment on the tap it may be necessary to remove the Vernier Insert B and turn a few splines until correct alignmet can be achieved.
11) Boss A can now be screwed back over Valve C.
12) Your tap should now be ready for use, turn on supply and check carefully for any leaks.
If you have Perrin and Rowe Taps with cross handles, please see Valve Vernier Insert Changing Procedure Perrin and Rowe Crosshead Taps
Here is the link to our Perrin and Rowe Spare Tap Parts. If your Tap is not listed, then email us firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture of your own Tap.